Monday, February 6, 2012

Five Reasons I'm Never Leaving Cape Town

(Not listed in order of importance)

1) Mullets are in
2) People wear shirts with the following logos: "HUNGOVER: Another way to say you kicked ass last night". But it's acceptable because everyone is beautiful
3) No one wears shoes in the grocery store
4) Whitney Huston and NSync are still played at bars
5) Froyo is excellent

Okay, so clearly blogging is not my forte. Tomorrow will mark the second week anniversary of me and Cape Town's relationship. It's been a special journey, with inevitable ups and downs. I'll offer you a brief synopsis as internet is difficult to acquire and two weeks worth of excursions could go on for pages.

Let's begin: the flight was good, not too much turbulence and the food was above par. The chicken was suspect and sported an off-green color (kind of like my face) but it's all good.

Arrive in Cape Town: we stayed at this adorable little hotel, Little Scotia, a few streets over from where I live now. Although the weather was beautiful and the food was incredible, I found myself super uncomfortable and confused the first days. Definitely cried in the shower. It was that awkward meet and greet with people for the first time that really kicked my ass. It was very summer camp-meets-freshman year of college-meets-what the hell am I doing living in Africa.
     But it's all good because after a few nights out everyone came out of their comfort zones and pretty much these people are amazing. Everyone brings a different perspective and attitude to the group and it's hard to believe I've only known them for two weeks. Which brings out the next theme of the blog: living accomodations.


(stay tuned! I only have 2 more minutes online and this is going to awkwardly cut me off).
(Also, not that brief of a synopsis but I warned you: see post #1).



No comments:

Post a Comment